Jon and Katie's Travels

We have finished our two years of service, but still: the contents of this website are ours personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps. Now on to adventures in Argentina, so read on!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Post Peace Corps, Traveling, Argentina

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

El Salvador!

Quick post... but the word is in, the invite is for El Salvador leaving on the 18th of September. I´m still down in Antigua, but I called Katie to have her tell me over the phone. It´s going to be a hard last two days of Spanish classes, lots of distracted thinking. On the other hand...now at least I know all this Spanish time will come in handy! Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Flamingo said...

congratulations on your invitation to El Salvador! Will and I actually just visited an agroforestry volunteer on a site visit - something they make you do during training to see how other PCVs live.

She lives in a canton (rural village type place) in the country side. I've posted photos on our blog. She works with some farmers, a women's co-op and give charlas (presentations/talks) to women and youth at the school on environmental issues. She goes cucumbers in front of her house. Life seems really peaceful out there, but not without its challenges.

El Salvador is a neat place. Heaps of bugs though. Bring LOTS of bug repellent and sun block. The bugs and heat is fierce.

Even though Will and I are together I still get lonely sometimes and miss my friends and family. Bring photos and other things that make you happy.

happy preparations and feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

cheers
adrianna (and will)

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home