Jon and Katie's Travels

We have finished our two years of service, but still: the contents of this website are ours personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps. Now on to adventures in Argentina, so read on!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Post Peace Corps, Traveling, Argentina

Friday, January 12, 2007

45

So, it is not the ultimate answer... rather it is the age I am today. I should probably have some witty or profound thing to say, but hey, this is an on the fly blog entry, versus one that I write up before I am sitting in the internet cafe.

So, for my birthday, Katie and I came down to use the internet, woohoo. We will also eat out and do the weekly shopping here in town. Tomorrow is a bit more interesting, we are joining another volunteer or two to go and hike up San Ignacio creek. He is doing his masters work as part of PC service, and is studying landslides. So, we will be mapping some of the various features as we hike. It should be fun, and good exercise.

Things are all still very good. The one funny thing is that with the weather we have had the last few days, I would swear we were serving our PC time in Nepal, and not El Salvador. It has been bitter cold, and windy. The nights may not compare to my coldest night ever, which was in Nevada, but it has been an exercise in how many layers of clothes, when combined with blankets will let you be both warm, and able to sleep. I promise that the next blog entry will have more pictures. Cheers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday old man!!!
- Lidgar

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home